hey jim, thanks for your comment.

i was thinking a lot if i should keep the moogs in there cases, cause than i could just build a small rack which saves money at the end. but on the other hand if everything is placed in one bigger case it would be easier to patch i guess.

you just need some longer cables...

I've got 8 cases and I have no issues patching between them

i thought i have enough utility modules.

yeah... it's similar to the 'you can never have too many vcas' meme... now replace 'vcas' with 'utilities' and it becomes more accurate!

sound source: would be the moog oscillators than

the moogs are more voices - basically they are mono-synths - as are to a large extent plaits and rings (although rings can also be a sound modifier), you don't really have any traditional stand alone oscillators in here

sound modifieres: what would be apart from a filter?

yeah filters (which the semis also have built in don't they?), but also lpg, wavefolders, and other effects in general - good idea with the sbg (handy one that if your pedals have expression inputs) - that way you can experiment with where you place things like delay and reverb in the chain... reverb into filter for example

modulation sources: whats missing, i have lfo, envelope follower and generartor

it's not necessarily what's missing... more do you have enough?

utility - what is missing? i have vca, attenuators, slew, offset

again, not necessarily anything missing - I'd at least add some logic and some simple mixers (both ac and dc-coupled)

the samara will get used up very quickly and maths is best when patch-programmed which often takes up the bulit in utilities - see the 'maths illustrated supplement' available to download online

attenuators and attenuverters get used up quickly too - lots of modules don't include them - and 10v peak to peak is often too much modulation - less is often more...

a stand alone clock divider is also a great idea - send it audio - the /2 will output a square wave 1 octave lower than the original, the /4 will output a square wave 2 octaves lower

sequential (and non-sequential) switches - switch between inputs or ouputs based upon a clock or manually...

what would be an example on how to use a matrix mixer. i don't understand what would be the benefit of using one.

OK - a couple of examples

patch in copies of 4 modulation sources - mix them together and now you have 4 different, but related modulation signals...

patch in an audio source - and out to an effect - and the effect back in - mix the dry signal and the effect back into the output to the effect... suddenly you have controlled feedback... plus a dry and wet output or a single output with control over the wet and dry mix - you could also patch it so that there's a filter in the feedback loop - useful for delays if they don't have feedback loops themselves

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities