I know that advice is to use space more carefully, which some of these modules clearly ignore. Behringer 305 is 24hp, turns out I'm using it as mixer-panner only (had hoped I'd use EQ to create stereo-effect on pads, but it doesn't do anything to my ears), which can be achieved with probably 8hp. E520 Hyperion is huge, but it can do lovely FX and has screen which I personally love as a newbie.

there's nothing wrong with large modules as long as you have the rack space for them and use them - eq is a weird one in modular most people use filters much more than eq! nor is there anything wrong with small modules - as long as you can actually use them!

I have not found (yet) any use for Ornament Crime, because sequencing options are there with Black Sequencer and Endorphines Shuttle Control, which is connected to Ableton for live sequencing.

O&C has a lot more functions than sequencing - I'd explore some of these if I were you...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities