don't get a smaller rack - unless you are just going to loose the 1u - ie get a mantis - you could buy 2 mantises for about the same price as a intellijel performer case

but then I don't like 1u - I'd always rather have an extra 3u and haven't yet seen anything in 1u that can't be found in 3u for much less hp - and relegating utilities to 1u imo

mantis is by far the best compromise for hp/cost/decent power supply/manufacturer reputation - unless you absolutely must have 1u for some reason (as I noted above I haven't found one)

the mutable modules are going to be potentially difficult to get hold - as mutable has closed and used modules may attract a premium - there are clones that are available though - there are full size ones now though - from After Later Audio for example.. stages may be particularly difficult though...

saying that I'd consider swapping out the turing machine and expanders and look at something smaller and does something similar (mutable marbles, for example)

you almost definitely don't need both rampage and maths in a case this size - I'd just get maths as it has beeter documentation (the 'maths illustrated supplement') and a lot of youtube video lessons

again you almost defintely don't want so many sound sources in a case this size - 2 or 3 is a better fit - as there is no way you can fit the modules that you need to support them in the leftover space - ie enough sound modifiers, modulation sources and utilities (mixers, vcas etc etc) see my signature for some hints on this!!

I'd also strongly advise not to put 2hp modules next to each other - especially ones that have trimmers on them - they will be almost impossible to adjust especially once they are patched - eurorack modules are really quite small (to the point that a lot of people are surprised how small they are when their 1st ones arrive) - 5hp = 1 inch/2.54cn

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities