Hi Jim, thanks for the thoughtful response! I'm considering your advice right now! What type of utilities would you recommend in addition to what I have in the case already?

logic, matrix mixer, slew limiters, switches, sub-mixers etc etc - but you do need to work this out yourself, through research and experimentation - doepfer and ladik are definitely manufacturers to look at as both do a wide range of utilities that are inexpensive - remember in most cases utilities (including vcas) are for modulation as well as audio!

btw doesn't the vector have quantization built in?

Update: I'd really rather keep the Data in if possible, but slimmed down the drum and synth voices to add on the XAOC expanders.
-- slysteezy

I'm not suggesting necessarily getting rid of the DATA, just moving it out of the main case - I don't think you'll need it constantly (at least once you start to hear what's happening) - I've never had an oscilloscope in the rack - I could use one in vcv rack if needed though - although tbh I never have

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities