Hi, I’m new to real modular synths but I know my way around in VCV Rack. Planning to take step to the real deal now. I set myself a €1000 budget cap but that should also include a (second-hand) Keystep Pro.

After a lot of browsing and searching on this site I ended up with a 100% Behringer setup, which just gives a lot of bang for buck. Am I missing something obvious? I chose the Four Play over the System 100 dual VCA, because I figured I could use 2 channels to patch osc out with envelopes and the two other ones as a basic end mixer. I don’t know if that makes sense. I read somewhere you can just plug headphones in the VCA mix out, is that correct? I also plan to add an audio interface to my Mac so I can run the two voices into VCV Rack to add more voices and/or FX, until I expand with more modules.

For case I chose a €111 bare metal rack enclosure from Behringer, 84HP with supply shown in rack here. So that makes about €650, plus €350 for (used) KSP and a 2x2 audio IO is €1100. Any suggestions to improve on this or save money somewhere would be highly appreciated!