@JimHowell1970

you'll almost definitely need more vcas then... they are one of the most fundamental parts of a synthesizer... they are incredibly useful for modulation as well as audio - and being able to be used individually is very helpful

I planned to get some attenuators yes, and i heard that Veils had amplifiers that actually amplify.
Ok, now what's the difference between unipolar attenuators and vcas (for which ones don't amplify) ? I ask because i'ld prefer add attenuverters if they can act like "bipolar" vcas..

attenuators (unipolar) reduce the amount of the signal that is sent through them - according to a potentiometer (knob or trimmer)

attenuverters (bipolar) reduce the amount of the signal that is sent through them and invert the signal (before 12 o'clock) - according to a potentiometer (knob or trimmer)

vcas - generally behave like unipolar attenuators - some can amplify too - and are voltage controlled and may or may not have knobs to adjust this

bipolar vcas - are similar to unipolar vcas - but can invert the signal sent through them

personally I don't have any bipolar vcas - I have an inverter that I can use (malekko invmix) if I want an inverted vca - they can also be used as ring modulators - but I have a dedicated one of those and one in a disting so no real need...

the other modules are all incredibly useful and fundamental to modular synthesis

doesn't the studiolive have a headphone socket? attenuators are always useful!
there's a great headphone module from alm busy circuits called hpo

Yes it has. But i leave my 32 tracks at home when I travel :)

the a mixer with a headphone amp or an output module with headphones - personally I would go for the alm hpo as it is 2hp...

the outputs from tex-mex are modular level... really your mixer should be fine...

Regarding all the comments, yes it should be fine.

Besides that, for the MI Stages, I wonder if the qienem firmware update allows the module to be used as 6 vcas.

I just had a quick check and you can apparently get it to behave like 3 vcas - but they're not really that great - I would seriously suggest investing in a quad cascading vca - they are an incredibly useful investment

Anyway it is a question that remains to be studied, and even if it means remedying it, perhaps it is desirable to solve my I/O issue at the same time. I understand your first comment better.
-- Lijcke

nb. the tex-mix has both headphone outs and vcas on the mono-channels, BUT it is wise to remember that vcas are useful not only for audio, but also for modulation and it is not uncommon to use multiple vcas on the same signal path - for example both note shaping and volume over time

hope this helps

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities