Good points on the Maths vs. 3xMIA. Being a newb - and not knowing what you don't know - isn't helpful. I think I'll plan for the 3xMIA in future expansion. I really should go through that patch guide for Maths to know exactly what it entails.

working your way through the 'maths illustrated supplement' a few times is a great start - spend some time working out what it's doing too, not just patching - but thinking - the time investment really pays off - same with disting - use favourites to set up a sub group of algos that don't overwhelm and learn them - when you find an algo that really resonates - then put that on a list to replace with a module - for both going slowly is probably a good idea

With regard to uO_C - I'm on the fence. I'm leaning on holding off and leaving space to populate with a few 2 HP modules and FX AID... not sure if going with the XL version is in the cards.

I'd agree, to some extent - hold off, but skip the 2hp modules (they're not very ergonomic) and get the fx aid xl, as it is both more ergonomic and more versatile, especially if you want some weird fx - more modulation inputs, more space for the knobs

The issue at the moment is I'm not sure what I'm trying to solve. Or I should say I haven't learned enough of my current gear to know what is truly missing. Yeah... I'd say generally FX and sequencing. I'm thinking it's best to take my time with the last 11HP and not make any rash decisions. I guess the question is... what will have the most impact on what I can do within current confines?
-- ScottyDizzle

if you don't currently have a problem to solve, I'd stand back learn what you have and from there what you are missing, in the meantime save your pennies, for both another case and for more modules - although the mafd does seem to be a good idea

what are you currently using to sequence? the moogs?

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities