Plaits is probably my least favourite mutable module - although I do use it quite a bit - even if it is just for hats... I must spend some more time with it again...

Yeah, I seem to do exactly the same with it most of the time, resetting the octave range definitely helped make it more playable but on the whole I tend to leave it set up for high hats

Tides is fantastic though - I have both versions - I especially like the phased mode on the one you have - although both get used in nearly every patch I make - great for both audio and modulation

I think this is a time thing, it is so deep it takes a bit more investment than I have put into any of the other modules, so I'll be putting a bit more focus on it. I especially like it as an oscillator but I bought it with the intent of interesting related modulation

Marbles - I like it a lot - one thing that helped was increasing the length of the gates so that they were more useful for opening envelopes (as well as just triggering percussion)

When I look at your racks - both versions - I see a serious lack of basic utility modules - these massively help in terms of plumbing... sub-mixers, matrix mixer, mults, logic, rectification etc etc... when extending I'd be tempted to keep the doepfer case too - so you have room to add a lot more of these...

Interesting, I use links, veils, MIA, Shades, Jumble Henge and sumdif for mixing of one kind or another alongside stackables, and cable splitters, but in this arena, I don't know what I don't know and I'd like to change that. Have you any suggestions as to what might help rebalance? The additional 40hp I get by replacing the doepfer doesnt have to be used on the lubadh / quad quantizer / quantas ampla, the latter was yet another attempt at adding some kind of utility (mixing, ducking/sidechaining)

as for flow - I'm guessing you mean workflow here - ie patching things together - as I said above more utilities, which should be distributed throughout - but also I find something along the lines of the layout of the 2600 - from top, left - sound sources, modulation, effects (including filters) and controllers/sequencers and end of chain mixing at the bottom - but this assumes that you actually have the cases arranged as depicted, one on top of the other

-- JimHowell1970

Yes, the Move case is on its back in front of the doepfer one, so effectively stacked as shown, the main issue is the power / screw constraint in the bottom case so some of the smaller or power hungry modules need to stay up top.