Hi all --

I'm planning my first Eurorack - it's going to take a while before I can afford it - and I'd love to get some feedback. I got hooked on synths in high school (the ARP 2600 was new then) and I've waited a long time to give in to the craving.

Some comments/questions:
* I'm assuming I'll get a Doepfer case despite the cost just so I don't have to worry about power issues. Any alternatives come to mind? I could build a case but I'm concerned about getting the power supply wrong.
* I'm not a performer and I don't need a MIDI interface. My primary interest is experimenting with sound design. One thing I would like to try is using external sounds as both audio and cv. However, I'm not sure how best to do that. Envelope follower?
* The STE 16 LFO is the only digital module in the system. It looks interesting for modulation but I'm not sure it makes sense as a clock source. I've included a basic Doepfer LFO just to be sure ... and I wonder if the STE 16 isn't overkill.
* Output will be recorded onto a Mac - probably just Garage Band although one of my kids is saving up for Logic Pro.

Thanks in advance for any insight.