I definitely agree on the "larger case" suggestion. Also, don't expect to get much done with a Maths and a Rings, as there's not really a proper "generator" in that signal path. You can force the Rings into self-oscillation, but then it's a PITA to control. Conversely, you could try clocking the Maths up into the audio range...if there was an LFO that could serve as a clock in the first place.

You could proceed into a second Cre8 skiff by joining it to the first with their case coupler...but then you've got an issue in that you've got two sets of the case's I/Os, and you really only want one. Nor can you interconnect the busses from one case to the other without wasting functional space in both. Sure, they've got good current specs...but you'll be better off building that build "that is versatile that I can explore sound with" in a case that has space for that to happen.

One other suggestion: https://vcvrack.com/ This is a link to VCV's site, and what VCV is is a "Eurorack emulator". This will let you do a lot of exploring (up to the limit that your computer can handle) and getting used to what proper synths should have to let them do what they're capable of. And it's FREE, plus later you can upgrade to a paid version that includes a VST plug to use VCV directly within your DAW.