Hi!

First thank you all for advice I got from this community. You are the best.

I have started to build my modular synth and now I am looking for further advice how to expand from here. I got some modules from locals who were emptying their racks and this is where I am at the moment:
ModularGrid Rack

The case is 9U 125 HP. I measured it with modules and it really is 125 HP wide. I own DFAM and Subharmonicon, so I put them there kinda as their own row, but they live outside the case on the table. From my other synth hobbies I also got Torso T-1 that can output either gates or CVs, six channels in total. Its main output forte is midi, so with a Mutant Brain or similar I could have access to all the sixteen channels, but I have managed just fine with Pam's + Crow + uO_c.

I want to focus on deep techno/house/minimal, but the case seems large enough that it could have some ambient elements as well for more relaxing sessions.

This is what I've been thinking:

Filters/Effects:
MUM M8 (to complete that Akai feel of the Squid)
Blades
Beads

Sources:
A dedicated kick module (it would help keeping the beat together when changing banks on the Squid during performance—even though I like the effect from how it asynchronously loads the new bank)

Modulation/Utilities:
Quadrax + Qx
expanders for Squid & Pam

Controls/Mixing:
Ferry (I got a Specular Tempus pedal that I'd love to use here)
Planar 2 (I want to try performing with a joystick at least)
Jumble Henge (this is also kinda of a filter, but also a mixer—combining this, Planar 2 and some VCAs might be interesting!)
I might also need something to bring it all together (unless it is the Jumble Henge), I've been using the quad VCA as my mixer for now.

Any comments or tips on the module selection? What further modulation sources and utilities should I look to add? Sample & hold comes to mind at least.

I'd also appreciate any and all advice on ambient builds and also how to layout the case efficiently. I've read Lugia's excellent "up-left, down-right" signal flow post, but with my patching experience the correct layout is still hard to visualise. For now I have just been using "these seem to go together" approach.