DFAM is easily detached from its own casing and mounted in eurorack, and since I have free space (at least now!) in my rack it's neatly in the same place as others. True, if the rack gets full I might put it back in its original case.
-- jussilampela

You really should put it back where it belongs. For one thing, you've really kicked the price of the DFAM up by doing this. And given how expensive Eurorack cab space is...well, here's what's going on:

(prices are USD per Perfect Circuit's listings)
The A-100 P9 = $675 w/ 252 total hp
DFAM = $699 and takes up 60 hp. So...

675/252 = $2.68 per hp
2.68 x 60 = $160.80

So the ACTUAL cost of the DFAM, in this configuration, is $859.80...and probably MORE given the import duty on the Moog.

This is why, when you can Eurorack-mount some devices that have cabs and power already, you won't see a lot of us doing that. Eurorack cases are really for things that DON'T have those, simply because the cost-to-benefit ratio isn't really good when you put something like a DFAM in a Eurorack cab. Also, putting something like that in a Eurorack case that also takes up more than half a row really depletes your open space for other proper modules.