The 1U modules are very practical and somehow space savers.

I'd disagree with this - if you can fit an extra 3u instead of a 1u then go for the 3u - I really don't see the appeal of 1u tiles - except in extremely small cases - and I rarely see the point of them, tbh

a tool like Maths or Quadra. Or maybe both?

I would get one and then think about what best complements that for you - personally I would go maths first because of the illustrated manual

sequencer (steppy?)

what are you trying to sequence?? - if it's plonk then I would just use Pams for now

why? because a single sound source can be copied and processed differently, a few simple modulation sources can be mixed and >modified to become more modulation sources that are more complex

Could you explain a little bit more on how to achieve this? The part of the copied sound source I mean. To what degree can one sound source be copied and modified ?

output of sound source -> multiple -> outputs of multiple to different filters, delays, reverbs, vcas etc etc etc

By doing this, you can then move some of your functions up into the tiles, plus the header gives you three buffered mults (usable as one HUGE buffered mult)

What's the advantage to have many buffered multipliers, is it related to previous question where you would duplicate one sound source/cv signal to multiple outputs?
-- codecks

no a simple passive mult is adequate for most signals within the modular with the exception of v/oct - this needs to be precise if you want to play in tune, especially with other people - once a v/oct signal is quantized you want to use a buffered mult to guarantee that any copy is exact when delivered to the vcos inputs - say you have three vcos and tune them to specific intervals to play chords - you want each one to receive exactly the same pitch information (the root note, usually) so that the chord is in tune - with other signals audio, modulation, gates etc a tiny variation will not make any noticeable difference

as you only have a single vco I would not worry too much about buffered mults - unless you want to modulate filter cutoff with the v/oct - in which case you would need a single buffered mult - you already have 2 on order in links

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities