Wow, thanks for the detailed replies! Really appreciate it. Something I didn't mention is that I will be building my modular in a 19" rack. So for one 3u row I'm limited to the 84HP, but I still have enough space in the 19" rack and eventually I will expand to a second row. The 1U modules are very practical and somehow space savers. I haven't seen a 19" 1u rack yet but I'm looking into that.

There's a lot of valuable information to process here. I'll take my time to go through, check the modules you refer to properly and reply here later on. I guess the best is to build up slowly, test with the modules I already own and see what makes the most sense to add.

I'll sum up what I have already. I now realize that I maybe should have waited for your replies to make better choices, but heck, at least it got me started (I have a tendency to put things off when I start thinking too much about it :-) ). So here's the current list:

• 1 behringer 19" 84hp rack (possibility to add a second one + 1u row)
  • 1 pamela's new workout (on order)
  • 1 joranalogue mix 3 (on order) (veils might have been the better choice as you both suggested, but I think it will do fine for now, I can always replace it later + I checked and it's DC coupled.
  • 1 ​plonk (probably not the best to have as sole sound source, because it's more percussion oriented, so I will definitely add a proper VCO, although I wonder if the plonk can output regular waveforms?)
  • 1 kinks (on order)
  • 1 links (on order)
  • 1 befaco output V3

As for the next batch of things I think to buy, it will probably be a:

1. a VCO (Gravitational Waves sounds really good)
  2. a tool like Maths or Quadra. Or maybe both?
  3. a filter
  4. fx
  5. sequencer (steppy?)

I'm thinking of a tighter integration with my DAW (midi, CV) in a follow-up phase. For now I'll be happy just playing with the thing and record the audio into my DAW.

I still have a lot of questions but two things I'd like to know more about for now (and sorry for the newbie questions):

why? because a single sound source can be copied and processed differently, a few simple modulation sources can be mixed and >modified to become more modulation sources that are more complex

Could you explain a little bit more on how to achieve this? The part of the copied sound source I mean. To what degree can one sound source be copied and modified ?

By doing this, you can then move some of your functions up into the tiles, plus the header gives you three buffered mults (usable as one HUGE buffered mult)

What's the advantage to have many buffered multipliers, is it related to previous question where you would duplicate one sound source/cv signal to multiple outputs?