That looks like a great option. I also might be able to wait on the KSP for now, and use my current midi controller/sequencer?

Thoughts on the 2600 in terms of versatility in sound? After buying the 2600, what eurorack modules would be best to create more sound/timbre possibilities?
-- ethanlawrence

The ARP 2600 may actually be...even today...the BEST synth for learning the basics of analog synthesis. It's what I learned on, many years ago. There's no surprises, it doesn't do anything particularly quirky, it's just a hella solid patchable monosynth (or paraphonic...it all depends on how you configure/control it). It's also what the roots of Eurorack go back to, as ARP designed this with what we now consider standards: 1v/8va CV tracking, positive 5v gate/triggers...exactly what you'd expect in a present-day Eurorack setup.

As for what one sounds like, gives you perhaps one of the most iconic ARP 2600 tracks of all time. And yes, that's an ARP 3604 controller he's wearing!

Really, all one of these needs is a skiff with an extra HPF, some extra modulation, maybe a matrix mixer and a few other widgets...but not a whole lot else in "must-haves". Plus, the Behringer has the 3620 keyboard's "extras" on the main panel, so it's got the extra LFO, clocking, latching, all that; Korg did have those on the "nobody's gonna get one of these" 2600FS, but their "2600 for everyone else, ie. the 2600M" is crippleware next to the BARP, as the 2600M doesn't have the 3620 circuits, period. And having played 2600s with both the 3604 and 3620 controllers, there's really no comparison.