That is fair, and I have done a lot of research already. Although my goal is to own a large rack sometime in the future, I don’t plan on buying a large case/power supply in anticipation of that. I am going to start with a very small and inexpensive case, size based on the solution I go with (plus room for a couple new modules). Potentially portable, and then it might still have use after I buy a larger case.

I don’t necessarily need simultaneous voices with the small rack, as more than one or two would definitely limit my options in terms of what I can accomplish with it. I hope to eventually be able to compose full tracks in eurorack alone, but I don’t see that happening with such a small budget, so again that will be a future rack.

The main goal for the synth is to have access to a wide variety of sounds that I can sequence within the eurorack (unless an external sequencer is a better option). Mainly techno/edm, and sound design within the score.

So when I say versatility, I mean that it has lots of versatility in sound with a small amount of onboard sequencing. I would then record straight into logic.