Wow thanks a lot to both of you for your answers, I can't stress enough how useful it is to me.

Ronin, I usually simply plug the mono out of a mixer (here the Joranalogue Mix 3 and a Quad VCA in y usual rack) straight into to a speaker. Far from being optimal but I usually don't have access to more than one speaker and I never use my computer to record or anything. That's probably something that I should have mentioned as it probably has a bigger impact on the skiff than what I thought.

Lugia, this is fantastic, really. I took quite some time to understand how you proceeded and it's extremely enlightening. And I'm 100% convinced that the palette is a far better choice, the Godfred + peaks combo is an excellent replacer of 90% of what I do with the JF and after taking a third look at the SCLPL I think I will be able to say goodbye to the RE.

The part that I have some issues understanding is the replacement is regarding VCAs and the absence of a mixer. I chose the Joranalogue because it acts both as a VCA and a mixer and although not having individual outputs is really limiting, I don't get how my different sound sources will be mixed at the end. Also, the 3x VCA is unfortunately not available anywhere at the time of writing. Yesterday I tried to reproduce the features of this skiff on my current system and I had to use my quad VCA as a final mixer.

Another thing I consider is the final (far higher) price of this new setup, which I'm fine with but will force me to split the bill on several months. I've updated the skiff with what I can afford now (and what's available): palette + 1Us + o&c + C4rbn + some sort of VCA, and I've created a small patch to see if that works for me:

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/patches/view/81765

What differs:

I've kept the JF and RE for the moment as their size will only be an issue when I'll be able to afford their replacements. I've switched the IU VCO for a Duatt as I was desperately in need of a pre-mixer. I replaced the 3xVCA with a Tallin: it's only 2 VCAs but you get some extra features and it leaves room for the 2HP loop (not ideal but I really don't want to take external devices with me for the moment). Once the first part is bought, I'll get rid of the RE in profit of Sclpl and the stereo effect (if I'm able to find it).

~ Patch notes:
2 JF outputs (LPG mode) directly to RE. Pass comb2 to the Duatt and mix it with white noise then pass the mix to C4rbn and LPF out to stereo VCA (IRL I'd pass the HPF out to a VCA and treat it separately for pseudo hi-hats). Pass comb1 of RE to to stereo VCA. Then scan between the 2 sound sources using the stereo VCA, like you mentioned above, and pass them to the stereo output.

I haven't patched the rest for more clarity but not sure if that's an easy read haha. Now my issue is that the other sound sources (Mangrove and Loop) would need to be mixed and passed to both right inputs of the stereo output so that they're always present in the final mix. How would you achieve that with the system you designed? I'm probably missing something in the exact flow that you designed, with the mono to stereo transition around the stasis leak and the Sclpl!

Edit: ok, so the 3xVCA lets you cascade the outputs so that you actually end up with mixed sources! So I guess it's a Mix 3 with a tad bit more flexibility around individual outs. I wish it was available somewhere around EU...

Anyway, thanks A TON for your input, it helped me a lot although I haven't fully digested everything yet. At this point, my post probably looks more like personal raving and ranting, but I'd be happy to read more from you if you have comments on my answer!