Hi Sacguy71,

Great, a video with Erica Synths - Dual VCF (one of my favourite filters) and the Five12 sequencer Vector :-)

Regarding the Dual VCF from ES, try to make a patch with two inputs, either two outputs from the same oscillator or preferable with two inputs from two different oscillators, then take the two outputs to a stereo mixer. It's a stereo filter and making use of such is great, the possibilities of that filter become more clear then.

Regarding your question about the Vector sequencer:
- Press the blue "Preset/Scene" button (that brings you to the "Preset" overview of the current part)
- Then press the grey "Next" button (to the "Scene" overview of all parts)
- Then with the encoders select the Scene per part you want to select, if nothing is selected for such part then that's the reason why you don't get any result from part 2 for example, so if part 1 is at "A01" then it might make sense to put part 2 at "A01" as well (to get started). Note though that A01 from part 1 is different from the "A01" from part 2. Scenes are independent and configurable per part.

So then after done that, press the blue "Part" button, press the white button of part 1 and make sure at pitch & gate that you have configured there something. Do the same again for (press the blue "Part" button and press the white button of) part 2, and then it should work.

Use the main encoder (I think Jim calls it encoder 9 in his manual, doing this by heart though) to set all values at the same time, that's especially handy when doing the gate of a new part you haven't configured yet, use that main encoder to set all gates at the same time so you have faster some results :-) The fine adjustments of the gates per step you can then do later on with the individual encoders per step as one does with the pitch.

The best hint though is: take your sweet time and read first the entire manual, then things should become clearer. I, myself, would love a bit more extensive manual though. Everything or at least most of it has all been mentioned in the manual but sometimes you have to read it twice or thrice to completely understand it, a more extensive explanation would make it at certain points indeed a bit easier (in my opinion).

I hope it's kind of clear and helps you forward exploring the Vector. Have fun with it and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads