this user has left ModularGrid

@CBD1000,

You are welcome, glad to help as I am fairly new to modular as well since diving in last year. The Varigate 4+ is only like 12HP and offer a lot of features in smaller sized space including scales/quantizer and multiple modes plus can save patterns for later recall. Plus you can use CV and gate modes. Not as precise as the Eloquencer but smaller size. It was my first modular sequencer and I still use it. But if space is issue you could get like a 40HP palette case with a larger complex sequencer like the Vector, Eloquencer or Erica Black Sequencer and use it with multiple setups on the go.

As for accents, I find the Axxent module with my Metron sequencer very nice touch. To me accents put a lot of flair and spice to drum sequences. I also use them with Eloquencer in ratcheting mode for melodic composition.

@Garfield- hehe well actually the WMD Metron does have random and probability modes! So yes, it does not have reverse or ping pong modes but for percussion is pretty awesome. BUT of all the modular sequencers that I now have in my setups, the Eloquencer is the best one. The display lets me view all 8 channel of tracks sequenced in one clear window plus easy to program and save for later recall and I can do 8 CV and 8 gate/triggers so it is a lot of power. Plus random, forward, reverse, ping pong and ratcheting plus lots of quantized scale options make for a great sequencer. If I get another eurorack sequencer, it would have to have similar capability. I can only think that Vector with expander can do these things unless Erica Black Sequencer adds an expander since that is limited to 4 channels of CV/gates and I'd need to buy two of these to do what my one Eloquencer can do.