Thank you all so much. This is all really useful info!

the-erc: I have an 88 key M-audio controller going into my rack, I've also used an old MPC 2000 but didn't really get the same results I was going for. I've actually used these modules on two recordings so far, but I feel I've hit some limitations.

Lugia: I like giving myself obstructions and believed I could achieve what I want in 3u/104hp as I'm using a set up that involves additional components, eventually I'd like to only use my laptop to record into the DAW. But you're probably right on one or both accounts, replace Maths, fill that space with a proper envelope generator and get a bigger rack.

farkas: I had initially looked at the Zadar but went with Maths as it seems to be the go-to for most racks, but rewatching some videos I think your suggestions would definitely serve my needs better. In the end I'll likely purchase a larger case, it's inevitable. And I'll swap out Maths. Off topic/on topic re: popularity of modules that just didn't work for me, I had Clouds for a while but wasn't 100% happy with its sound. Either the used module I got was faulty or I couldn't figure out how to diminish its muddiness, for lack of a better word.

Lastly, if y'all are interested in checking out what i've done so far, the recordings are semi modular; I'd say 60/40 with the latter being guitar feedback, tape loops, synths and pedals, the link is here: https://andresanabria.bandcamp.com/

Again, thanks all.