Hi Marchettijes,

Welcome to modular synths! :-) The A-138o has a Main Level knob only but with the A-138p module you can per channel use the Gain and the Level knobs to adjust your signal and that's good enough. I use the A-138p & A-138o combination and I am pretty happy with it. Only one little side remark the A-138p does bleed a little bit, but only a little bit and it would only disturb people like me who are very sensitive to any kind of side noises otherwise you would barely hear it and if you aren't as over-sensitively as I am, you don't need to be worried about that little bleeding issue (it's barely audible, but for me it is).

Keep in mind that you need at least one A-138p module and just one A-138o module, then you have a four-channel (performance) mixer. In the future if you need more channels you just add one more A-138p module and you got yourself then an eight-channel mixer :-) You can extend more A-138p modules to get even more channels.

Regarding the Doepfer A-190-x modules, those MIDI to CV modules, I had the Doepfer A-190-5 module in the past and I didn't like it, somehow not logical in use, difficult to set the MIDI parameters, just not easy to use. I exchanged that module against the Vermona - qMI2 module and that one is great, 4 channels (like the A-190-5) and it's so easy and so logical to use, no problems with that module.

I am usually very positive about Doepfer modules however the A-190-x modules are the exception, those A-190-x modules, I can not recommend them.

Good luck and kind regards, Garfield Modular.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads