So lately I've been trying to create patches with this thing solely inside the box. I understand that it's a small rack, and limited in capability in many areas. But I've seen so many videos of people who seem to be pulling much more interesting stuff out of similarly sized setups. I'm thinking of switching a few things up. But before I do that, I wanted to pick the brains of the much more experienced here and just kind of get some idea on how y'all would go about patching something up using only whats in the box here.
-- enlargedgarbage

Actually, I wouldn't...at least, not without some significant changes. The most likely reason why others are getting more out of their similarly-sized builds is because those contain the proper "utility" modules alongside these others. Without those, you're drastically limiting what the main modules are capable of.

The other issue here is that you've opted to put a bunch of very large modules into a small box. This never ends well. Invariably, the utility modules and other little boring-looking widgets get crowded out by the big "sexy" stuff, usually because...well, utilities are boring, they lack lots of lights and such, so they're generally the first to (incorrectly!) go. On the other hand, I'm NOT advocating that you should jam a bunch of 4 hp and down modules in here. But you've also noticed that this is a problem, apparently, since you're opting for chucking some of these. Hm.....

-- Lugia

Thanks for the insight Lugia! Any particular utilities that weren't already mentioned in mind that you think might be worth swapping in?