I'm with you on menu diving and O_C. I try to shy away from menus as much as possible. I definitely lean towards knobs over screens. On the other hand, I do like screens over weird unmarked and hidden button combinations. There's always a trade-off.
O_C looks really useful but I haven't found the need to pick one up yet. It looks like it might be a little frustrating. Pam's, on the other hand, is the glue that holds everything together for me. The menu system is shallow and easy to use. I have several different things that I synchronize using Pam's and its expander mainly as a master clock (Eloquencer, Moffenzeef Mito, Voltage Block, Prophet, RD8, etc.). I don't think I could live without it now. I'd say it's the best value in Eurorack-land.
Disting is a weird one. I begrudgingly picked one up earlier in the process of putting my rack together and just used one or two of its algorithms for a while, but now I find myself using quite a few different functions. It's an imperfect but incredibly useful module. While the EX is probably a better buy at this point, I'm keeping my MK4. It just does so much, and every time I need something, it's there waiting and only requires a quick reference to the manual.
Take care and have fun.