Wow thank you! Lot to digest but I will give my initial thought and follow through on the suggestions.

Side comment: It irks me when someone posts a question like mine asking for feedback on something they plan to do and then argues with every suggestion from more knowledgeable people. Yes, I have become emotionally attached to this rack that doesn't even exist yet but what does that matter if I build it and then find it is just a miserable experience due to poor choices? So I'm setting my feelings aside and opening my mind to take in all I can. And of course the beauty of modular is anything I kick from the rack now could always be added later to a well balanced system if I just can't let it go.

Great info. With 2020 being what it is, it's definitely a good time to get back into making some music. I love Amon Tobin and Fever Ray.

It's funny I hadn't really thought about making music for a long time and then I stumbled on to people doing fun things on YouTube and started to get the itch again.

Well, let's think about your proposed rack. You have a few different sequencers (Mimetic, Steppy, Euclidean), all with different strengths, weaknesses, and learning curves. Have you considered combining these into a single, more powerful, full-featured sequencer? I would recommend a master clock like Pamela's New Workout for sure (It can do gate sequencing, Euclidean rhythm stuff, LFOs, etc. with 8 outputs, 12 if you get the expander). The sequencer itself is a matter of taste, but I would try to whittle it down to one good one that can do multiple channels of gate and CV.

My thinking process that got me to 3 sequencers was I liked the Euclidean first, especially the interface for dialing in the various rhythms generated. But it's only going to drive a drum kit not the entire system and in general I don't want everything sequenced anyway. I then saw various people using mimetic and basimilus paired together to make interesting percussion and bass lines. Finally, I did realize that sometimes you just want to sequence something simple: a kick, a snare or some cv input and so I added the steppy which is out of the way in the 1U space until you need it.

But with that said, I will start a new rack from scratch and follow your recommendations. I hear Pamela's workout get talked about a lot. I know I watched some videos showing it's usage and didn't get excited about it from what I saw. I don't recall why off hand but I will set that aside and just add it to the rack as the master clock and look at other sequencers.

Again, a matter of taste but, I feel like there are better options for drums beside the Queen of Pentacles. It's getting very mixed reviews, and for that kind of money I think I would choose an outboard option like the Roland TR8s, TR6s, or something similar. You would have access to every great drum machine sound of the past, sample playback, fun and intuitive sequencing, and some effects. I think the TR8s also functions as a USB interface as well, but you may want to check on that. I have Endorphin.es prior drum machine (Blck Noir), and it's a love/hate thing. I rarely get exactly what I want out of it. I also have Endorphin.es Milky Way effects module, and I would HIGHLY suggest you consider replacing it with a Happy Nerding FX Aid XL. Similar cost and only 6hp, and it's a much more versatile multi-effects module. It may even diminish your Erbe Verb GAS.

Hmmm I really wanted to avoid external gear but I do see for the price the TR8 is probably a better value compared to the QoP. But like you said elsewhere in your reply part of the fun is modulating everything. so externalizing the drums seems to be counter to what I'd like to do. Also, I've owned a stand alone drum machine before and I found tapping in each part to not be my greatest strength. I do though have a good ear for what I like. Which is why I liked the Euclid Circles. Turning those knobs and listening to the different rhythms interact is really immediate and satisfying.

I liked the sound I heard demoing from the QoP that I would describe as dark and agressive. Do you have suggestions for another drum module that would do the job better with a better range of CV inputs?
I will do some follow up as well looking into the TR8. Maybe its usage is different than my limited experience.
I didn't mind the cost of the QoP if it delivered a enjoyable experience but do admit I wasn't crazy with the amount of space it took up. .

Basimilus is fun. Arbhar looks like a blast too. Maths, Ochd, and the stereo mixer are good ideas. I would recommend looking for modules that have CV inputs though, so you can modulate all of the parameters. That's the whole fun of modular. It doesn't look like you can control volume or panning via CV on the mixer you've chosen.

Good to hear positive about those modules.

Yes, as for the mixer I was just trying to find something to mix the various sound sources down for the stereo out and wasn't thinking as far as cv modulation and performance type control for this control. I will chuck it and keep looking for something better.

You have the Optomix low pass gate, which is great, but I would recommend adding a complex oscillator to have fun with that. Something like the DPO, Furthrrr Generator, Verbos, etc. will be so versatile for melodies, percussion, and general wacky bleeps and bloops.

I had the Instruo CS-L in the rack at one point to work with the Optomix in just that way but before I posted I pulled it out to free up some space for suggestions. I will spend some time comparing it with the other complex oscillators you suggested.

Finally, utilities like VCAs, mults, sample-and-hold, submixers, logic, and the like will be very important too, and you don't have a lot of that stuff. Mutable Instruments' Links and Kinks are small invaluable utility tools that should be in a smaller rack like this.

Part of me finally posting this was I knew I was lacking utility but lack the real world wisdom to know how best to fill that gap other than just buying a bunch of each with little idea of if I was under or over doing it. Also, some of the complex modules can satisfy multiple roles like Maths but does it replace one stand alone VCA, two, three? It's these little details that I have spent the most time on with the least amount of progress. I will check out links and kinks, thank you.

Those were my first thoughts as I looked over your rack idea. I'm sure others will have some good ideas too.
Have fun and good luck!
-- farkas

Thank you, I have a whole bunch more research to do now. Good thing I enjoy the process.