Unbelievable, last Friday the Endorphin.es - Ground Control suppose to become available at my local dealer, then it was indicated on their website it will become available by mid of October and now just recently this has been updated to end of October... I need to check if they mentioned a year, perhaps Oct. 2023? ;-)

"Anyways..." I have checked again most interesting sequencers with a lot of input from many of the members here, so thank you very much for that.

Actually my requirements are not that difficult: 8 (or more) triggers for the drums/percussion and 3 or more channels (CV+Gate, mod is a bonus) and a few running directions, at least: forward, backwards & random.

Well then there seems to be no sequencer that can do that, the combination with the running directions seems to be a killer... So letting go that running direction requirement, I see following sequencers as the most interesting candidates:

• WMD - Metron with Axxent extension module and preferable with 2 Voltera extension modules (48 HP total), then one will have 16 triggers (not bad!) and 8 CVs for 8 tracks/channels but it's missing the running direction modes as far as I can see it from the manual; most expensive one from this list
  • Squarp Hermod, 26 HP, 8 CVs & 8 gates, not too bad but no triggers and no running direction modes; the cheapest in this list
  • Five12 - Vector + Jack Expander (54 HP), 8 triggers (4 available for drums) and 6 channels (6 CVs, 6 gates, 6 velocity & 2 mod-inputs); it does have running direction modes (forwards, backwards, alternate, random); 2nd expensive from this list
  • Endorphin.es - Ground Control (not released yet), 42 HP, 8 triggers and 3 CVs & 3 gates, this would be my ideal sequencer, not sure if it has running direction modes though and if it will be released at all; 2nd cheapest from this list of 4

• Perhaps to the above the Winter Modular - Eloquencer could be added with 38 HP, it has 8 CVs & 8 gates so that's not too bad but no triggers for the percussion (unless one uses that from the 8 gates but then less channels left for others). One could consider two pieces of Eloquencers but that would make it the most expensive one of the 5 mentioned here...

Conclusion? There is no perfect and ideal sequencer ;-)

To make the situation more ideal one could consider a combination of 2 or more of the above mentioned sequencers, that makes it however yet again more expensive and one needs tons of HP space...

Anyway, I am going to sleep a night over it and see if there is a more practical solution to this, cheers for now, Garfield.

Edits:
- Updated/corrected the details on the above Five12 - Vector & Jack Expander combination
- Updated HP of Jack Expander of Five12, 12 HP by the way (source: ModularGrid, modules section)
- Updated the running direction modes for Five12 (Vector manual, page 4)
- Updated triggers for Jack Expander (Five12), 8 triggers but only 4 can be used for drums

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads