this user has left ModularGrid

@JimHowell1970,

Hee Hee :-) yeah I got a wee bit carried away buying the Doepfer A100 Basic System 1 and a bunch of modules.
Anyways it is TONS of fun albeit a money pit. Now I can see why it is called Eurorack.

I do have a Malekko Varigate 4+ sequencer on the way and will integrate that with the Malekko Quad Envelope Generator module to fill up the rest of my first case. That achieves sequencing and better modulation flow in my first setup. I already have a quad VCA Intellijel, slew random noise module, and single Doepfer ADSR module.

On the new case, I did order a Noise Engineering BIA and Erica Synths Polivoks filter. I kept the Intellijel Mixup audio mixer module. Not buying anything for a while except maybe more patch cables that have the multiplex thingy that you can hook up multiple cables to, what is that called anyways ya know the hexagonal shaped doo hickie?

The DEMON CORE OSCILLATOR from Supercritical Synthesizers module looks awesome with 16 voices supersaw! But it is only available in limited form. I will hold off on buying more modules for a while and get solid for the next year with my current system.

What support essential modules are you referring to besides Maths? I like the looks and function generator from Frap Tools called Sapel that looks cool to add at a later point. I already have a mini maths version in my 0-coast so want different approach to Buchla Serge function and noise generator. Intellijel Quadrax with the expander would get me into Buchla territory with two modules but like Frap Tool modules is fairly large in terms of HP footprint.

I did have a major break through this week in learning how to control the modular from Elektron gear and also how to record and play the modular from Ableton Live DAW. Having this ability is quite powerful! If you spend a lot of time and cash on modular, it is wise to be able to sample and record your findings and use for later purpose in music production. The Doepfer A190-4 USB/MIDI to CV module was a pain to figure out but have it as part of my toolbox. For west coast touch controller, my new Make Noise 0-CTRL is tons of fun and super cool. I also use it with the 0-coast that got me started on modular a couple of years ago. I figure with COVID-19 lockdowns and no ability to travel to Europe for a vacation, I spent the money on new music tools and my studio.