Greetings modular nuts.

This is my first forum post! Apologies in advance. (;

I never expect great answers to "noob-esque" posts in any forum (RTFM, dang it.), but this community seems so incredible that I am hopeful for some great insight. (:

So, like a small child learning to walk, I have been on my modular journey for but a few small steps, and am now taking the next step by acquiring a Pittsburgh Modular Structure EP-420 (got a great deal, could not refuse).

I'm very familiar with DSP concepts and the modular workflow is making great sense to me, but I am inexperienced. So, I have laid out what I believe to be a pretty tight setup, and would love to get some thoughts from all you seasoned pro's out there.

I am not 100% sure what style of sounds I'm hoping to make, I love it all. Ideally, this rig can do it all. Ambient, glitch/idm, noise, techno, et al.

My main questions:
- Do I really want 2 large sequencers? Or will I likely end up only using one?
- Do I have enough utilities, VCA, Mixers? I am going from 2 oscillators in my small starter rack to 7, and adding drum modules.
- How's the voice to effect to utility ratio?
- I am an Ableton and Max fiend. Am I ok in assuming I'll be able to have lots of fun goin "hybrid" using es-9? I intend to multitrack, final mix, post-process, sidechain, etc. in Ableton, as well as use Max and CV Tools to bring CV into the rig.
- I don't really have any "east coast" modules. Will I regret this? All of my oscillators fall on the complex side of the spectrum (or digital). I feel like I may miss having any pure sine/saw simple waves at my disposal.

I'd also be happy to talk about specific modules I've selected.

Let it rip!

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_1307555.jpg

ModularGrid Rack