@Ajai

you'd be surprised how many people are shocked by the size of eurorack when it actually lands in their hands - despite having watched countless videos etc because they've never actually seen one in real life

I still see nothing critical - in fact I specifically state that it's a well specc'ed system - just that there are some drawbacks that they may not have thought about - namely size and potential resale market

maybe I shouldn't have used the word "trapped", a slight over exaggeration perhaps, but really I haven't got time to search through a thesaurus to find a word that means trapped, but less so

if any of this is enough to put anyone off, or dull their enthusiasm for, modular, then they really weren't into it in the first place - that was in no way my intention and I truly believe that the more modular synthesists there are the better

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities