@JimHowell1970 I think its a bit harsh to criticize someone for wanting to try out modular with the System III Eurorack. Like the OP, I have a bunch of synths Ive been playing with and have spent the best part of a year looking at modules / systems / cases and educating myself on the ins and outs of modular before buying anything (which, for some of us, is a big investment). Surely how something feels and sounds is a purely subjective thing? Yeah, its small (some of us like that) and yeah it has less modules than the System II (which is like three times the cost), but if you go in knowing its all of these things, and maybe looking at it as something to learn on, that's not to be sneered at.

In my case, I wanted to keep things small but have room to add some modules, especially ones that come as standard on the System II and are not present on the System III. So I have a small Moog 60hp case with the Pico System III 42hp module which gives me a few hp to add some more modules later. Yeah, Ill outgrow this (I like the size and look of the Moog 60hp cases so I bought a 3-tier rack already :-) or maybe I won't, but I haven't spent a ton of money in the process (so far < $700) while Im educating myself. Erica Synths make some nice gear and are to be applauded for trying to make modular more accessible.