Hi there !
Being an Elektron Octatrack user, I'm not afraid of reading manuals often or having to remember key combinations by heart. Consequently, I find the Disting really OK from that point of view and having that many functions available to test a bunch of ideas is amazing. When I'm not using it for experiments it usually serves as an effect module, clocked delay more often that not, it's a very decent delay module IMHO.
I also need to point out how awesome it is to have colored leds at the inputs showing voltage strength visually, brilliant idea really, even better than having the activity led that some modules have. I wish more manufacturers were using those !
With regards to sample playing, I have read somewhere (here I think) that the Radio Music sample playing might not be the tightest when it comes to timing, so if you're thinking about it make sure you check that out first to avoid frustration ;)
I hope you'll find a way to have fun with the Disting !
Best,
Diego

PS: are you the Wishbone Brewery who invited Mylar Melodies to play (he posted a video a few days ago) ? That was neat !

--- Voltage control all the things ---