Lugia, thanks for the honesty - like I said I'm really green when it comes to this stuff. As a first pass, I totally suffered from 'sexy module syndrome' - you got me there!

Your Minibrute comment is interesting, and I've looked at it a lot - would adding that get me closer to making this thing more than a money pit? I'm not opposed to having that (it looks awesome), but I have a handful of other monosynths. If it can sequence the modular well enough then that would be great and save me having to get a modular sequencer for now. I do want a modular sequencer but was definitely trying to CRAM stuff in here that I'd seen in various videos and liked.

All of that said, I started on this because I wanted drums - I've had various desktop stuff from Jomox, Acidlab, Korg and so forth but really wanted the best of all in one unit - including the Syncussion module. If I took the bottom row off and focused solely on drums I guess I'm still unsure what modules to add/remove. There are so many racks on the site it's hard to find ones that are built by knowledgeable people and not other noobs like me. I'm open to any suggestions people have here on the site.

Thanks a lot for the two cents, I've got a long way to go before I start putting this together for sure!