Hi Jim

Thanks for your advice.
Yes, perhaps I've gone a bit overboard/excited.

I really liked a lightbath tune on YouTube where his only using mutable modules. So I copied his rack + added a few other modules from looking around the net and reading through many articles/forums, etc.

I used quite a few virtual analogue/analogue synths in the past and I'm super proficient on various daws and vsti.

I wanted to put together a system which I could use standalone but also integrate in my music production.

I got blinds because it was a good deal (second hand) but I see what you mean about blinds and veils in a small skiff.

I play percussive acoustic guitar and I'm into minimalist music and polyrythms. I like evolving harmonies which are never just played as a straight chord but implied by the interplay of different single notes played by different instruments. Hence my getting so many vcos.

I thought the two tides could be used mainly as envelopes and rings can also be an effect/resonator for other sound sources fed into it.

Rene, tempi and yarns or ornament and crime would (in theory) allow me to create complex polyrythms, right?

Mal-2 is a random generator, got a filter and a dual envelope. Passive attenuator.

Ornament and crime can be used as four lfos.

On top of that there's 0-coast. This is a good vco but can also be used as a function generator/utility module.

It has a maths section, looping slope, ad/ar, eoc out, random lfo, amplitude all linkable to outside sources to control those.

I was quite confident in my vco choices but not too sure what utilities to get so I held back on those.

I built my own wooden skiff for peanuts. Got a mean well power supply with busboard in it so I could easily expand on that by adding to it so I saved quite a bit there.

Do you think this is workable? And if not would you be able to advise on essential utilities to get me going?

Oh, forgot to mention I have quite a few quirky guitar pedals I use with this. Earthquaker devices avalanche run, Red panda particle, electro harmonix memory man and a few more including loop pedals and more run of the mill guitar pedals.

Thanks for your help so far man. I deff got too much too quick. Just rene has a 33 pages manual.. Ha ha ha let alone all the others, it'll be a long winter for me.