Hi. I have a little less than two years experience with eurorack, so far. Still learning. Still consider myself a newbie. Just collecting modules and making wild sounds at home in my basement. But, I would really like to be able to jam with other musicians.

So, I am curious to learn how other eurorack players approach playing with a band or just jamming with other musicians. Of course, you can just plug in a keyboard. But my background is more guitar, bass, percussion. I'm not much of a keyboard player, but I can get down with a sequencer, for example. Generative sequences, pulsating drones, rhythmic modulation, random sequencing, etc... all being driven by a master clock, it all still fits together... as long as you are not trying to be in time with other players.

So, for those with experience, how do you make it work within a live band setting (i.e. drums, bass, guitar)? I've heard of bands that work with a click track. Seems like that could be rather challenging. Tap tempo could be used to adjust the modular's clock tempo relative to what the drummer and other players are doing. But I can imagine that becoming tedious and troublesome, too.

Of course, I will admit that I haven't been brave enough to try any of these ideas, yet. I am still at the 'advice-seeking' stage. But, before I stick my neck out, I would love to hear how others have dealt with this. Is it possible to use a sequencer and still keep the band's timing toghether? Is it a matter of playing with talented musicians who know how to listen and follow the synth player instead of the drummer? What have others tried? Things that either did or didn't work? Please share your experiences. Thx!