Hello i am new and want to get into the eurorack world, what i am interested in is generative music. would this be a suitable starter setup, i could also imagine integrating my digitakt or my DAW.

what do i have to consider?

the ethics of buying from the b-company.... cheap(ly made), dreary and morally repugnant... but that's up to you... and your conscience

I'd go slower (ie start with fewer modules) and buy the real ones where possible - or clones from smaller companies, where possible (ie totally doable for not that much more cash)

I'd definitely bypass the fx module... find the cash and get an fx aid pro!!! way more fx, modulation inputs (one of the most important things in modular & a basic built in scope!

& the victor - search for it on modwiggler! - basically lacking modulation inputs - one of the most important things in modular and especially in 'generative' music

I'd get a tiptop mantis instead of the caixa - and get the utilities that you actually need - not what nano think you do... it's your custom synth, not theirs! this will also leave you with space to add more modules - which you will inevitably want to do sooner or later

why the marbles clone and the pico sequencer and pams and the midi->cv? all can do quantized pitch & gate - & when all of these include quantization - why scales??? ie too much sequencing - not enough of everything else!!!! I found the pico sequencer frustrating - especially the reset! - I would drop at least 1 & scales & if you want

why pam's new workout and not pams pro workout?

why a dedicated euclidean trigger sequencer when Pams can do euclidean?

not enough modulation... not enough utilities...

& no filters??? again a cornerstone of most modular synthesis...

take a look at my signature and take some time to seriously understand it - especially the formula - which is a rough guide to getting the most versatility (in patching) for the least expense...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities