Thread: 60hp ideas

Yeah this definitely makes sense my bad, I'll do that now!

Thank you!

I'll listen with an interface I have and play it with a keyboard or DAW.

Then you'll want a midi->cv module - no space in the rack so you might want to look at cv.ocd - the unit that the mutany brain is based on - you may want this from day 1 if you are intending to use the disting as an oscillator...

you'll also need some vcas - do yourself a favour & get a quad cacading one - unless you only want drones (which the following paragraph seems to rule out) - vcas are massively important for both audio and cv - if you don't know what they do then I'd do some research...

I'd go for a 6u/104hp case ... you will need more support modules to get the most out of the rest of your modules... and you probably won't work those modules out until you've spent time patching...

I'd want at least a couple more vcos - 1 to FM the instruo vco and one as a second sound source...

I'd hold back on the sapel (pams can do random & is probably enough in this size case) and the stochastic inspiration generator (again pams can do similar) - also both these modules are quite big for what they are in this size case

nb the chord organ is possibly only available used - the teensy 3.2 it's based on has been end of lifed

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities