Thread: Feedback

Hi mate. As waveshaper I have picked the Joranalogue Audio Design Fold. Which mixer and filter can you recommend. End of chain will be a Midas Venice mixing desk.
The rythm sends midi clock to the beat step and the beat step sending clock to the Modul( Hope that is working like that)
-- Philekkk

well definitely an audio submixer - for combining the 2 vcos before hitting a filter - slightly detune one of them firat, & preferably a matrix mixer - add a nice quad lfo/envelope generator (zadar/batumi etc etc) to make the most of this for deriving complex modulations... but I'd also want at least one module like a happy nerding 3 x mia particularly for cv mixing/offset

I'd add a PNW (inexpensive used) or PPW to add clock divisions and a load of other features etc - will also help on the sync front - you might find you are better off with an expander for pams (to allow clocking from the rythm) and then clock the beatstep from Pams

I'd also add a simple clock divider as you can get square wave sub octaves out of it - /2 = -1ve, /4 = -2ve etc...

switches of all kinds are useful in live situations, as are 'scene controllers' - like Music Thing Modular Control

filters? I think they're very personal, and really you are only going to get recommendations of people's favourites (or whatever is trendy that week) - at least in terms of specific modules... personally I like Doepfer (for both utility modules and filters) as they are reasonably priced and do what they sau they do...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities