Hi everyone!

I've been busing sketching and scheming this little Eurorack system. I'd like to do sine-y sounds, sort of like flutes, organs, I'd like to be able to do chords and resonating tones, and I want the whole thing to sound as clear and clean as it can. I plan on doing both slow sequences of tones/chords (I'm into phasing tones and combination tones, Alvin Lucier-style) and bleepy techno. I will be sequencing from a SQ1 as it's a convenient, cheap option.

I have a few questions:

• newbie question: if I don't plug in an external sequencer, do I need a clock? I worry about the sequencer being quite constraining on what I can do with this
  • newbie question #2: do I miss some critical part of a functional system? A mixer, maybe? A second VCA? Also, not sure about how these 3 oscs all feed into the ADSR? (hence the mult. I don't know if that's how it's done.)
  • The oscs are all sines. I picked these because they're apparently quite pure, they sound great in the videos and are not too expensive, but they might not be ideal in terms of ergonomics/fine tuning and/or functionality?
  • I've been thinking of replacing them with the Ensemble Osc from 4ms but I'm worried about it being a bit too ready to use/prescriptive. I like the idea of something more basic. Your thoughts will be apreciated.
  • Chose this ring mod that apparently sounds quite clear. It might go to make room for something else. Any suggestion?
  • I'm very much into phasing tones, combination tones, Shepards. Any idea/tip about this?
  • Also, any tips about resonating filters? A second filter? Something else?

Thanks! Take care, everyone