a few notes

1. nRings - (oscillator)

a sound source (NOT an oscillator) and an effect - sound sources are only oscillators when they constantly produce a waveform at the specified pitch - Rings is a resonator - it produces a sound when it is triggered either via the trigger input or receiving a change of pitch or audio is input - that sound then decays or is choked when a new trigger is received (depending on the polyphony setting)

NB Rings is notoriously awkward to tune (at least with a tuner) due to harmonics - the trimmer for frequency on small clones makes this more difficult...

1. uBraids - (oscillator)
  2. Forbidden Planet - (filter)
  3. A-132-3 DVCA - (vca)

is this enough vcas - remember they're useful for both audio and modulation

1. Monsoon - (fx)

can also be used as a sound source... and really needs attenuation on modulation inputs

1. Function Junction - (envelope/ad/lfo/mixer or attenuator)
  2. Pachinko - (random sequencer)
  3. A-180-3 - (mult)
  4. A-118-2 - (noise/t&h/s&h)

I'd rather have a s&h/t&h that accepts external inputs

1. Disting mk4 - (everything. literally everything.)

I definitely think that in this size case I'd want to go for a single voice with good ergonomics and that's got enough support modules, rather than multiple voices that aren't well supported - "trying to do too much in too small a case" - it's a common beginner folly...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities