All, some great advice here…

@farkas – I’ll have to check out Melvins stuff, sounds ace. You also reminded me to blow the dust off my Strat... Now days I’m a diehard Doepfer user and have found this creatively inspiring as you have to think more cleverly around patches with more basic style modules.
Regarding post, I was alluding more to finding myself listening and watching the synth enthusiasts who got me into modular many years ago and have yet to see any head turners in 2023. I wonder if this is symptom of new modules releases, changing platforms, or just changing music tastes in general…

@wishbonebrewery – maybe I need to add a pint of the good stuff into my creative workflow. In 2023 I’ve also found myself gravitating towards coding rather than hardware builds, as VCV rack seems like a great entry point for new enthusiasts.

@geusensdriesmusic / @JimHowell1970 – completely agree, maybe the quick solution is just to get on with recording and writing music rather than procrastinating on everything else happening around me with eurorack. Should probably get attending local modular meet ups also.

@Sweelinck – Modular for me has always been about building a custom instrument personal to me. I come from a Violin background, so having to pick the right modules – just like choosing the right sounding Violin, makes sense to me. I do like your analysis of what it means to be inspired, so thanks for that.