Thanks again :)

again np

Ok, think I'm getting somewhere now lol

Going to leave percussion for now..(maybe 2nd case lol) and use what I can to create a beat, need to learn that anyway as you say.

- the reason for this is it can easily get really expensive and often an external drum machine makes much more sense... obviously I haven't got much - as I have an external drum machine, an external drum synthesizer (both midi only though - which is a pain) and in rack drums - and at least 3 ways to sequence them!!!

I'll leave the MFX and go with the FX Aid pro just now, pure anologue sounds better to me, it looks great, i was originally planning on just getting the small one and MFX but decide which other one later.

the fx aids are still digital - the advantage over the mfx is the sheer number of different algorithms that are available - about 200 iirc and Igor doesn't seem to stop adding them... the advantage of getting the fx aid pro 1st is the screen, if you then get another and want to occupy less space - you can opt for one of the smaller ones (depending on how many modulation inputs you want etc) and then rearrange the algos on the pro so that the 1st 32 algos are the same as on the smaller model - this way you can easily work out which algo you are using on the smaller one (which just uses leds to signify the position)

Is this the mixer you were thinking of, my pal can put it together for me if needed. https://www.thonk.co.uk/shop/ai022-kit/

There is also this one and one similar with a mix control..https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115758587017?var=0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338268676&toolid=10044&customid=Cj0KCQjw0tKiBhC6ARIsAAOXutkoRF6OtlkVlL1gTITAwquPMOghldwNj8m6EudM2p5QBFq_sbg_1LIaAgUTEALw_wcB

yes either of those would work perfectly - the feedback module should also be available DIY (probably from their website)

I'd grab a couple - they're very useful - and probably soon after a happy nerding 3*MIA (which you'll want for modulation - once you start using the Maths properly - see the 'maths illustrated supplement' - you'll use the middle section of maths whilst patch programming)

if I were you I'd also grab a passive mult kit - and get your mate to teach you how to solder - it's not that difficult!!! and then build the mixers yourself!!! soldering is a very handy skill to have!

I was looking at filter, probably just leave that the now to have a better look bu the Doepfer wasp one looks good and would be different from Qpas.

I've got the WASP and the SEM and a ladder filter from Doepfer - amongst others - but really for the money they're pretty decent

if you're going to get a WASP - be aware that the ICs have a habit of blowing up - not a problem as they're inexpensive and don't need soldering... get your mate to add a few to an order if he's buying from a big supplier...

Thanks for your help and saving me money lol

:)

hahaha... you think I'm saving you money... I'm really just reallocating it!!!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities