One thing that I find helpful is to create a set of rules, instructions and restrictions and then randomly choose one before beginning a patch. You can sit down, write out a list, number each, then use a random number generator online to select one (or you could create a set of cards with 1 rule on each card, then just pick a card).

I find that doing this I've created many interesting patches that I would not have created otherwise.

I actually created an Excel worksheet with all these rules and use the random function to generate new rules each time I feel stuck or just feel like trying something new. I put together about 60 possible rules (examples: use filtered noise as a sound source, use a function generator, modulate a vca with a slow changing CV, use 2 different utility modules, , etc., etc...) .

I even have the worksheet randomly generate the cable combo to start my patch with (example: start with 4 long, 2 short and 3 medium cables).

I also always remove all cables when done so I start from scratch each day I use my synth.