I have nothing to add to your rack but I will say the benefit to FX modules is having the ability to manipulate the parameters in realtime. Distortion, Bitcrushing, Phase and Pitch Shifting, Ring Modulation, Reverb, Delay, Comb Filtering, etc, etc. all become way more expressive when they are under your control with modulation. So a snare with say, a pulsating gated reverb tail or delay combined with some modulating bitcrushing and frequency shifting is gonna sound incredibly complex and wont mentally tax you, that is, you can quickly patch simple sources into dramatic and uniquely multi-layered creations with little effort—so you can focus more of your time on the actual quality of your ideas and not problem solving. I think with pedals you're limited by how many hands you can get on the knobs or you might just step on a phaser and be done with it. You know? Music is all about movement, or more specifically, the energy in the moving. #1 goal in modular building, like instrument playing, is finding the best way to maximize energy, control it, and do it efficiently.

Steady State Fate Triptych is worth checking out for distortion manipulation (and gives you another filter and flanging-comb fx): Steady State Fate Triptych Promo Video