Hi! In my experience, multi-effect modules were a good way to learn about what works and what doesn’t. Right now I’m only going into the DAW for recording and finishing the stereo mixes with a little EQ and compression. Maybe consider starting with a good multi-effect like FX Aid or Erica Synths’ Black Hole DSP 2. There are pluses and minuses to both but are extremely versatile and the Black Hole just sounds terrific to me. FX has a lot of menus and downloads, so it’s a bit to manage, but it’s worth having. You might also look into Noise Engineering’s Versio series, because those don’t have presets, so you can tailor your effect from the ground up. And, you can buy one from the series and still download all the effects available. A different take on multi-effects. And if you want to hit the DAW, Noise has free plugins now. I have not been wowed by Beads/Clouds particular angle on effect synthesis, but I have heard great things out of that product line, so if you dig that workflow, you might love those. Everything I’ve mentioned sounds amazing.