@Lugia About that Digisound 80, did you build the whole thing ? From EMM articles ? I've only heard rumors and short videos, but I hear the filter on it is extra creamy...

-- toodee

No, I actually don't know who did the module builds...but I DO know that the cab, power system, and touch-ups on the modules were done by no less than the late, great Kevin Lightner, the Synthfool himself.

The Digisound here has a few different filters...it has a pair of state-variables, a pair of LPFs, a Moog ladder LPF clone, and the Dual Resonant Filter, which is something like the usual resonator-type filter albeit with some extra tricks to make the module do more than one would suspect. And everything there except the ladder LPF is actually CEM chip based...along with most everything else in it. So not only is it pretty well-equipped, it's very reliable in terms of programming...you can be assured that your twiddling-around will have the same result over and over again.

And actually, some of the Digisound modules have been reworked for Eurorack. Check out both Wavefonix and Pharmasonic for two interesting takes on the old Digisound 80 modules.