Hi!
I like this forum a lot, and I am learning about "euro-rack modules". It is so awesome!
But, what is all this thing about politics statements on an electronic modules platform.
Everybody can think and express whatever they want, if it doesn't affect the products they make, who care?, if the quality is involved, of course, it is related to this forum; everything else is out the place.
If people IRL commit "real" crimes, let the law do its things; please, don't let the keyboard's double-moralistic warriors invade this place. Everything has its right place, and I am not here to read about the fashion politics tendencies.
I don't think this nice and beautiful place was made for that illness to spread around.
Thank you.
-- Hikove

That's like... your opinion, man. Just like Jim's statements or mine, it's all opinions, which I thought was what forums were about. If some opinions annoy you deeply, I would advise to simply disregard them, just like I disregard opinions of people about modules when they admittedly never read the manual and don't understand 70% of what the circuits do.
Here's some perspective: I do care - deeply. In fact, I am convinced that to fight for the world each of us wants to live in, the weapon we have is our wallet, believing that the law alone will solve all issues is way too naïve, there are many examples of people making a difference by changing their purchase habits collectively. Yet, to make informed decisions we need information, so people in communities talking about what they see as issues - regardless of whether I agree or not about it being an issue.
By the way, calling social justice "fashion politics tendencies" is very much a political view in itself...

About Synthrotek, my take:
A bunch of internet keyboard warriors, who probably have never seen 'South Park', freaked out that he posted a picture of Harvey Weinstein and made a bad joke they probably didn't understand. Then attacked him and were surprised that a person like him would react in the way he did. . . It takes more than that to offend me. He did not rape or kill anyone, so I don't care.

Since they all most likely wear and buy things that are made by slave and child labor, which should be common knowledge by now; and the destruction that mining rare minerals for electronics cause. . . Its most likely people annoyed by Synthrotek just disagree with his different political view. I am the complete opposite of a bigot. Most people if their circumstances were slightly different could easily have been the opposite, what they disagree with, of what they are now. The left and right, most people, essentially function on the same logic. I cannot wait till humans evolve past politics.

-- vansting

Again, a lot of shortcuts here, saying that people are annoyed by Synthrotek solely because of Steve's political views is intellectually lazy. So is saying that people offended by his posts simply "did not understand" - that's assuming that he was right and that there is not other view possible of the situation. I have NO IDEA what his political views are (and I don't care), in fact I'm not really offended by his bad jokes, but I would defend the right for other people to talk about it here. After all, it was his choice to make those jokes and subsequent aggressive defense on his business page, not his personal page...

--- Voltage control all the things ---