nobody NEEDS maths - at least not the module, but it is pretty handy to have around - in that it does a lot of things - please refer to the 'maths illustrated supplement' for more details - defintely get this module or a similar one (DUSG/falistri/rampage) if you are interested in synthesis as opposed to making sounds with a synthesizer (it helps massively with that too)

I'd want more utilities - but then I always do - mixers, vcas, switches, inverters etc etc - these are the dull inexpensive modules that keep the expensive shiny ones shiny!

of all the modules to remove from the case the obvious one to me is the dfam - it has it's own case and putting it in a eurorack costs extra money to house it & the hp could be used for modules that actually need rack space

not convinced on the need for the quantizer - bloom has a quantizer built in as does pams as does dfam iirc (which may need a converter too - if so there is one in disting)

black hole dsp takes up a lot of space - fx aid (xl) is much smaller and similar in function - whilst being more versatile

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities