Moral of the story: noise chasing isn't the easiest thing, and often the solution is far from intuitive. Had I NOT had a long background of working with amateur radio, shortwave listening, and such, I probably wouldn't have figured out what was happening, as you'd never expect an RFI issue like that.
-- Lugia

Ha nice story! I also read at muffwiggler about someone who had signals in his modular caused by the plasma lamp next door :D

anyway, my problem seems to be system related or better to say system related in connection with the beads.
others have exactly the same problem. someone else started a thread in the mi community
https://forum.mutable-instruments.net/t/beads-constant-high-pitched-noise-on-outputs/18263/17

But the nature of hardware is that it has a noise floor undeniable. would be interesting to have something that takes that out a bit before hand.
Need to wrap my head around this. Because its something that sometimes gets on my nerves, fo example when I am processing the signal afterwards

j.manuel