The problem with using "top review" modules is that nobody but NObody reviews things like attenuverters, VCAs, etc...the "boring" stuff that actually makes the "sexy" modules with the top scores do what they do.

For example, the "Mesh" does work as a mixer and a set of attenuators. But they're not attenuVERTERS, which means you can't use them to invert modulation signals, such as inverting envelopes for VCF modulation. And this has NO VCAs at all, which means you have no way to use modulation signals to affect amplitude over either modulation signals or audio. Plus, no STEREO mixer, which really cripples what the Monsoon and Delta-V are capable of spatially.

I suggest that you stop worrying about the individual modules themselves, especially following reviews of them for the reason I mention above. Instead, look at GROUPS of modules as a unitized subset...for example, envelope generators need some way of controlling AND inverting them. Inverting a single LFO signal results in TWO modulation signals that work in a 180-degree quadrature arrangement, meaning that one LFO rate can determine TWO phase-opposed modulation results. And so on.

What I'd suggest is that you spend some time looking at MG builds by experienced synthesists. If you see a certain module that you find engaging, then pay close attention to what it works WITH, in addition to what it does. These so-called "utility"-type modules are what makes a build like the one above work...but it's ESSENTIAL to know what you need for the "sexy" stuff, otherwise you're building a system that's hobbled by the dread "Sexy Module Syndrome". Don't fall into that trap...thankfully, you've got a whole row for expansion, so you might still be able to dodge that bullet.