Yeah, the MS-20 reREissue with the goofy colors for twice-plus the cost of the electronically-identical Mini is another one of those "Korg's lost their damn minds" indicators I think I mentioned. WHY DO THIS!? My two Minis sound and behave exactly like the MS-20's original version did out of the box back in 1980. True, some people do bitch and moan about how the Mini doesn't sound like an original-build MS-20...but that original one's had 35-40 years of age on it, and electronic components DO age. But if you had a chance to pull one out of the box and styrofoam back in the day and compare what THAT was like to the Mini...no diff, really.

I'd have to say that their peak achievements were the Volca Modular, and the 'Logues before the revisions. After that, Korg started heading off into "bats**t insane" territory. They WERE really kickin' for a while, but at this point a lot of what they're up to is strange and seemingly pointless. I won't touch another new Korg product at this point until

1) the synth community gets either an explanation or an apology from Korg for the KARP 2600 FS fiasco, AND

2) whoever is coming up with these marketing strategies there gets handed their walking papers, AND

3) put that effin' 2600 out so EVERYONE can have one. Or at this point, everyone who doesn't bop out and get Uli's version. For cheaper. A lot cheaper. As in "actually competing with Behringer cheaper", because if they don't answer that call NOW, they stand poised to lose both sales and cred. I mean...c'mon, we don't NEED that stamped out of pasteboard "road case", Korg, just GIVE US WHAT YOU TEASED FOR YEARS!