Hi Wishbonebrewery,

It's not an easy question if you "just look at the rack" :-) So what I did is I kind of "analysed" the modules you have in this rack and put that in a spreadsheet (contact me by PM if you like to have that spreadsheet per E-mail). It's a bit pity that I can't copy and paste it here, well I did, but it doesn't look fantastic.

So what I did is, I had a look at your rack from a "functionality" point of view, for each functionality, how many of such a functionality you have represented by your modules. I didn't include the power modules for the cases and even if some of the modules have multiple functionalities, I choose the "main" functionality only. Now I don't know all the modules well, so I did it based on the description I could find here on modulargrid.net but you might see things different, just adjust it then accordingly. The only module I counted double was the Addac - 105 - 4 voice cluster, I counted that one time as a VCF and one time as a VCO, all other modules just have been counted for just once.

If you look in the below "table" (pity copy/paste doesn't work proper here), you see in the last "column" the "Status". That's how I see it if it would be my rack. The way you might use your rack, my status indication might be totally wrong, so it's pure indicative meant to be.

First "column" is the functionality. The second column are the modules for that particular functionality followed by a number that's the total of modules counted for that particular functionality.

Having said that, I think you could need one more dual VCA module or if you find that your VCA (Veils) + ADSRVCA from SSF is sufficient then perhaps look into either one more VCO, one more VCF or one more Drum/Percussion module. If you love EGs a lot you might want to consider one more of that one; same then for the LFO. Up to you of course, but that's after I "analysed it", my 2 cents of conclusion :-)

Functionality - Modules - Total - Status

Attenuverter - DPW-Att Av-1, TH-At-at-at - 2 - sufficient
Clock & random - 2HP-TM, OM-Clock Div Mk2, 2HP-Rnd v2 - 3 - sufficient
Drum/Percussion - 2HP-Bell, AD-T-networks - 2 - consider more
Effects - ES-Pico DSP, MSW-Monsoon, 2HP-Verb - 3 - sufficient
EG - SSF-ADSRVCA, ALM-Pip slope - 2 - sufficient
LFO - NE-Clep Diaz, DK-øchd - 2 - sufficient
Mixer - OM-UPE, BF-StMix, IN-Mixup - 3 - sufficient
Multiple - 2*MA-4x4x4, MI-Links - 3 - (more than) enough
Others - 2HP-Vowel, ExS-Disting Mk4 - 2 - sufficient
Quantiser & Arpeggiator - 2HP-Tune, 2HP-Arp - 2 - sufficient
Sequencer - 2HP-Euclid, PM-µSeq., NE-Bin Seq, DM-Dot - 4 - enough
VCA - MI-Veils - 1 - requires more
VCF - HN-VCF, AD-4 voice cluster - 2 - consider more
VCO - MN-STO, 2HP-Pluck, AD-4 voice cluster - 3 - consider more

Good luck with the decision and the planning. Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads